Happy Friday, everyone! This week I had to go on a last minute work trip so I was unable to share details on the coffee table this week, but I thought that I would at least do a Friday Favorites post! Although my projects have been on hold for the past 7 days, I was still able to spend some free time finding things I love for some rooms in our house. It's safe to say Pinterest, my mood boards and I had a lot of bonding time these past 7 nights! In the 4 months since buying our first house much progress has been made in terms of painting and structural things, but much of the house is still not decorated and many of the walls are bare. This is okay though because A. It takes time to make a house a home and B. I'm a very indecisive person so I'd rather take my time on making a decision than buying something on a whim and regretting it shortly after. For the most part we have the large furniture pieces in each room, but we don't have all the fun accent pieces that bring a room together like the accent pillows, vases, art, rugs , etc (or according to my husband are the adult knickknack stuff that costs a lot of money). Now that the coffee table is done and we have all the major furniture pieces in or family room, I'm hoping to make progress next month with accent pieces in the family room and other areas in the house. That said, today I'm sharing some of my favorite accent pieces that I've recently come across and am loving for our house and anyone else's house for that matter.
1. Art Prints: I'm loving these herb art prints for the kitchen. They are both simple, but also add a great pop of green to the wall.
2. Sunburst Mirror: I know I want this sunburst mirror but don't know where I want to put it. This mirror would look great in a multitude of places: over a console table, part of a gallery wall, or just hanging by itself.
3. Ballard Design Art Piece: When it comes to art, I personally don't like large art pieces that are really busy or loud. I love how this piece of art is calming and uses many of favorite colors. This truly could go in any room. This is still pretty expensive even though it's currently on clearance so I'm hoping it goes on SUPER clearance! If I don't end up getting this exact one, I would like to find something similar for our master bedroom.
4. Fabric.com Fabrics: I taught myself how to sew so that I could have a lot larger selection of fabrics to utilize in our house. The dilemma with that though is many designer fabric is really expensive. I've been having a hard time finding fabrics that I love that also has a reasonable price. This week, however, I came across several fabrics from Fabric.com that I both loved and the price was a lot more affordable. If you are in need of some fabric I definitely recommend checking out their site.
5. Target Vase: Currently my console table in our family room is completely bare. I love the idea of getting this vase and filling it with pussy willow branches. I now just need to wait until it goes on sale:) Target also has many other gorgeous vases both in stores and online currently.
I hope you like this weeks Friday Favorites! What accent pieces are you currently loving in the stores?
If you would like to follow along and stay up to date on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle and other posts, I'd love to have you follow me along on any of the following: