I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years! For the first blog post of this year, I'm talking all about wall plate arrangements. Might seem like a random first blog post for the year, but for Christmas my parents got Paul and I the matching buffet to our dining table, so now with a new piece of furniture in the kitchen all I can think about is what I want to do with the space! Our kitchen currently has many blank walls that I plan to fill with pictures and shelves, but I'm also loving the idea of using plates on the wall to diversify the wall art in the room. Using plates as wall art is a great option because not only can it be very affordable, but it is also a great way to add different colors and shapes into a room.
Here are 12 of my favorite wall plate arrangements:
1. In this dining room, I love how the plates are clustered together and are predominately white with gold accents. The combination makes for an elegant and chic wall design for this formal dining room.
2. This patio's wall art is a great example of a large symmetrical arrangement. The use of the dark grey accent plates also does a beautiful job of tying the white furniture and dark wall together.
3. This smaller symmetrical arrangement utilizes all white plates to create a very clean and beautiful look.
4. This wall plate arrangement goes perfectly with this neutral dining room.
5. The round plates creates a perfect balance in this dining area that is comprised of all rectangular shaped furniture and striped fabric.
6. Plate arrangements don't have to be large. They also make for a great art choice for a narrow wall.
7. Plates also pair amazing well with a mirror. The gold and black plate tie the other black plates and gold mirror together.
8. This wall plate arrangement is GORGEOUS! I love how they used round plates and trimmed the edge of some plates to form a rectangular wall design.
Wall plate arrangements also look gorgeous with colored and patterned plates.
10. This blue and white wall plate arrangement is a perfect example of using plates as a way to carry a room's color theme onto the wall.
11. The blue and white plates coordinates beautifully with the white dresser and blue wall.
12. Gorgeous example of using plates and platters to add gold and silver color hues into a room.
Although I know I want to hang plates somewhere in our kitchen, I still don't know whether I want to go with all white plates or colored accent ones. Based on the examples above, I don't think I can go wrong either way!
If you would like to follow along and stay up to date on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle and other posts, I'd love to have you follow me along on any of the following: